彼邦好友的新年分享--- Moments by Jorge Luis Borges
Moments
If I could start over my life, I would make more mistakes in the new one.
Not trying to be perfect, I would just lie on my back.
I would be happy, more than I ever was in my first try,
There would be very few things
That I would do seriously.
Cleanliness would never be a problem.
I would take more risks.
I would travel more.
I would watch the sunrise more often,
I would climb mountains and swim in rivers more often.
I would go see places I didn't see.
I would eat ice cream like crazy, and green beans much less.
I would have real troubles, instead of the imaginary ones.
I used to be striving for efficiency at every moment of my life.
If I could start over, I would only have happy moments.
Do you realize that this is what life is all about?
Moments, only moments.
Seize the moment.
I used to go nowhere without water, umbrella and parachutes with me.
If I could start over, I would carry nothing.
If I could start over, I would throw away my shoes in the Spring.
And I would walk bare foot until the end of Fall.
I would discover hidden paths, enjoy the sun,
And play with the kids, if I had the chance.
But I am 85 and I know...I am dying...
這首詩原本是以西班牙文撰寫的,如果看得懂,應該會覺得原文更有意思吧!
If I could start over my life, I would make more mistakes in the new one.
Not trying to be perfect, I would just lie on my back.
I would be happy, more than I ever was in my first try,
There would be very few things
That I would do seriously.
Cleanliness would never be a problem.
I would take more risks.
I would travel more.
I would watch the sunrise more often,
I would climb mountains and swim in rivers more often.
I would go see places I didn't see.
I would eat ice cream like crazy, and green beans much less.
I would have real troubles, instead of the imaginary ones.
I used to be striving for efficiency at every moment of my life.
If I could start over, I would only have happy moments.
Do you realize that this is what life is all about?
Moments, only moments.
Seize the moment.
I used to go nowhere without water, umbrella and parachutes with me.
If I could start over, I would carry nothing.
If I could start over, I would throw away my shoes in the Spring.
And I would walk bare foot until the end of Fall.
I would discover hidden paths, enjoy the sun,
And play with the kids, if I had the chance.
But I am 85 and I know...I am dying...
這首詩原本是以西班牙文撰寫的,如果看得懂,應該會覺得原文更有意思吧!
1 Comments:
At Thursday, February 21, 2008 at 10:09:00 PM GMT+8 ,
Anonymous said...
hi sylvia,
i'm hayati. I looking for my old friend from srk convent sentul 2, kuala lumpur. her name is sylvia wong sook fan. I've lost contact with her for years. i really need to see her.
Are u the right person?
if u r not the one i am sorry...
any way thank you so much
please send a msg at kuekeoat@yahoo.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home