sylvia@blogger

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A frog turns into a prince




走進唱片店,看到暢銷排行榜上出現一張由Paul Potts 灌錄的"One Chance" 首張個人專輯。

Paul Potts 是誰?Paul 的故事是一個青蛙變王子的故事,這一切由他參加英國電視節目"Britain's Got Talent"開始。

其貌不揚、神情緊張的Paul 站在台上,一位女評審毫不客氣地問他要表演什麼。當他回答自己要唱歌劇時,三位評審愣住了,心裡大概懷疑著:「這傢伙能唱嗎?」

大家屏住氣,Paul 開始唱杜蘭朵公主。大概唱到第三、四句時,觀眾開始歡呼鼓掌,評審們原本冷酷無奈的臉也頓時變得充滿笑容,女評審更感動得落淚。這種戲劇性的變化,戲劇性地改變了Paul Potts 的人生。

三位評審不約而同地說他們完全沒想過任職手機銷售的Paul 可以唱得那麼好,叫人感動。Never judge a book by its cover. 歌聲為他贏得了唱片公司的合約。

Paul 在接受訪問時說:"My dream is to spend my life doing what I felt I was born to do." 這何嘗不是許多人的dream?

然而,過程是辛苦的。堅持真的很重要,聽聽Paul 說:"My voice has always been my best friend. If I have any problem with beliefs in school, I always have my voice to fall back on."

"I've always wanted to sing as my career. Confidence's always been a difficult thing for me. I always find it a lot difficult to be completely confident in myself." 為了實現他的dream, Paul 努力不懈,找機會當業餘歌劇家、賺錢赴義大利學唱歌劇、四年前因意外受傷也不放棄。最後,他做到了。

Paul Potts 的故事,可否為你/妳帶來鼓勵?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 12:40:00 AM GMT+8 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    haha~what a coincidence~i have read his story from mtv channel~yes ! his voice is so touching . i watched his competiton , i saw after he started his performance , all audience cry, that was the unforgetable moment to me ~
    i like his voice!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home